1) It is a black comedy mockumentary about a small town beauty pageant in which someone is murdering contestants in increasingly ridiculous ways. I mean.
2) It is set in Minnesota so everyone is showing up with their 150% over the top Midwestern accents.
3) Speaking of which, the cast is kickass. Kirstie Alley, Kirsten Dunst, Ellen Barkin, Allison Janney, Brittany Murphy (RIP), Amy Adams, and Denise Richards are all in this movie. In case it is not apparent: this movie is almost all women.
4) This was the first movie I ever saw that made jokes about masturbation (that girl just loved riding the thresher so much) and eating disorders. I was 14 or 15 and at an all girls school when I saw it along with basically the whole rest of my cohort. This movie spoke to us.
5) "The Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club"
6) A love interest is introduced and in the next scene abruptly shows up dead from a hunting accident...
7)...at the funeral home where Kirsten Dunst's character (the hero, so to speak) works as a make up artist for corpses while she practices her tap dancing around the embalming table.
8) Denise Richards does an off-key song and dance number with doll version of Jesus on a cross.
9) "Yah, my ma's clothes all melted onto mine forming, like, this big polyester meteor in our closet, y'know? But, in some kinda weird miracle, our neighbor boy, Kenny Hanson, found my tap costume on the roof of their trailer while he was settin' coon traps for his dad. Here's the weird part: it was still on the hanger."