Read this after lunch. You've been warned.

I have an irrational fear of parasitic worms. The mere thought of a multicellular creature tunneling inside my body sends shivers down my spine. When I was an undergrad, our professor in parasitology class showed us jars containing various types of whitish intestinal parasites taken from patients in the university's hospital. I almost vomited inside the classroom.

Because of this fear, no amount of convincing would ever make me order slices of raw fish, not even from a high-end restaurant. I am a pussy when it comes to sashimi.

And now there's this horrifying news item from the vanguard of British journalism:

Sushi lover's entire body left riddled with worms after eating contaminated sashimi