If you ever ask me to hang out, and I say "Yes!", here are a few of the things that I am tentatively committing to doing with you:
- Going to brunch
- Watching the first or second Mighty Ducks movies
- Shooting hoops
- Hopefully not hiking, but fine, if that's really your jam then we can make walking our activity for the day.
In contrast, here are a few things I have in no way agreed to:
- Going to brunch with that douchenozzle from Maroon 5
- Watching D3: The Mighty Ducks
- Having me meet you at your house at 9 AM on a Saturday morning, only to take me to a sales pitch for the self-help seminar series that you've been taking.
Now that I've clarified the parameters of my affirmative response to hanging out, I'm hoping I won't have this problem again, friend-that-I-hadn't-seen-for-a-year-until-we-ran-into-each-other-last-weekend-and-you-asked-me-to-hang-out.