So what did they get?
The Gizmodo Media Group’s new three-year agreement includes:
- 3% guaranteed increases in each year of the contract;
- Successorship agreement to protect the contract in the event of a sale;
- Increased severance for layoffs with a guaranteed minimum of 11 weeks with no trigger threshold;
- $2,000 bonus paid upon ratification of the contract;
- Increases to salary minimums with higher increases for lower paid employees to create more equity in our pay scale and raise standards at all levels;
- Gender neutral parental leave of 12 weeks;
- Commitment to diversity issues in hiring and to address ongoing concerns at the company with $20,000 annual funding for diversity initiatives;
- “Just Cause” to give employees due process in disciplinary actions;
- Legal Support from the company for issues arising from authorized work for the Company;
- Non-Discrimination language and improved protections against sexual harassment and in company response;
- Improved Health and Safety language including the right to union representation in bringing a case of sexual harassment;
- And strengthened supports for career development to provide better opportunities to grow and advance your career.